Handmade Heirloom Scissors
Handmade scissors; heirloom quality. These scissors are made by artisan Mukesh, using steel and brass and are hand forged. Medium Size are perfect for just about everything, but also famously used for 'Roadside Hair Dressers' for cutting hair in India. Embroidery size scissors are perfect for cutting threads, strings and paper.
So many uses for these scissors. Our 'Medium Scissor' is a long 6 inches that is perfect for cutting hair, crafts, paper, etc. The 5 inch scissor 'Embroidery Scissors' is your go-to for cutting all things small; your absolute sidekick.
- Package in Canvas bag, these Scissors have sand-cast brass handles and hand-forged, tempered steel blades
- Rupalee scissors are handmade by artisan Mukesh. His meticulous attention to detail ensures that the quality and performance of Rupalee scissors is unsurpassed
- Sand-cast brass handles and hand-forged, tempered steel blades
- Rupalee scissors have a versatile longer length cut and blades strong enough to trim and cut fabric effortlessly
- Hand ground knife edge cuts flawlessly all the way to the points
- Bent scissors make cutting easy and allow for smooth and comfortable cutting over table
- Thick, strong blades have a hand tuned knife edge to make clean cuts all the way to the points
- Hand polished to a low luster.
- Right Handed
- With proper care Rupalee scissors will provide many years of trouble-free use and flawless cutting
- Handmade and Fair Trade
- These scissors can be sharpened and re-sharpened.
- Use separate scissors for Fabric and paper.
How to care for Rupalee handmade scissors:
- To avoid damage to the blade setting, do not force a cut if you feel resistance. This may be the wrong scissors for the job, or your scissors or shears may need sharpening or repair.
- Store scissors in dry place.
- Pin fabric outside the cutting area, to avoid encountering hard metal or plastic objects that might damage your scissors.
- Periodically wipe the inside blade surfaces of Scissors- to keep them lint free; add a small drop of household oil at the assembly point to maintain smooth cutting action.
- You may want to apply a light coating of oil on the scissors’ blades and edges to prevent rust, especially if you live in a humid area, use the scissors in a humid environment, or want to store them for a long time.